Zonta Purple Silhouettes Project
Zonta Club of Madison is a network of local professionals who meet once a month (September - May) to collectively plan activities which support service and advocacy projects, fundraising, and educating the public through community awareness programs. The club also supports the projects of Zonta International.
Supporting service and advocacy projects in Dane County such as . . . .
Educating the public through . . . .
- International Women's Day Advocacy Training
- Purple Ribbon Walk
- Purple Silhouette Displays
- SlaveFree Madison Film Fest and events
Fundraising to support local and international projects . . . .
- The Zonta Zing is the club's major fundraiser. It is a public event held the first Saturday in March with an evening of musical entertainment, dancing, delicious appetizers, and a silent auction and raffle. More than $100,000 has been raised in the past ten years to support local community partners and programs aimed at women and girls. A percentage of the funds raised support Zonta International projects around the world.
Supporting local community partners such as . . . .
- Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS)
- Literacy Network
- SlaveFree Madison
- Girl Scouts